And after six months, the couple in this experiment ended up saying "I do".
Mandy Len Catron, the columnist for The New York Times, was encouraged to check out Dr. Aron's experiment in her own life. And the result, as I'm sure you'll be thinking, was indeed positive. All its participants fell in love.
It turns out that the secret to these questions is that their answers make us uncover ourselves and the other person can enjoy our vulnerable areas. This way we get totally close to our partner.
And what are 20 of the 36 questions that make you fall in love?
- If you could choose one person in the world, who would you invite to eat?
- Would you like to be recognized by others? And in what area?
- What would your perfect day be like?
- If you could live to be 90 and keep your mind or your 30 year old body for the last 60 years of your life, which one would you choose?
- He cites three traits that you and your partner may have in common.
- What are you most grateful for in your life situation?
- If you could change something about the way you were raised, what would you choose?
- If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent or ability, which would you choose?
- If you had a crystal ball that told you the truth about yourself, your life or your future, what would you want to know?
- Is there anything you've wanted to do for a long time? What's stopping you from doing that?
- What has been the greatest achievement of your life?
- What's your best memory?
- What role do love and affection play in your life?
- What main virtue do you look for in a true friend?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- Tell your partner what you already like about him/her.
- If you had to die tonight without being able to talk to anyone, what would you regret not telling who? Why haven't you told him yet?
- Whose death would affect you the most? Why? Why?
- Start three true sentences with the word "we".
- Tell your partner what you like about him/her: be very honest and tell him/her what you would not be able to tell another person.
You may or may not fall in love, but what I do dare to assure you is that you will have gained more complicity with the other person. By answering these questions, you have made your soul visible.
You dare to try it?
RELATED: 9 Different Ways To Know If Your Partner Genuinely Loves You or Not